New Delhi, Weather from Weather Underground

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Five Minute Friday....Motherhood Should Come With...

I have been really enjoying Gypsy Mama's prompts for Five Minute Friday. Below are the rules...

Flex your fingers, and let’s play Five Minute Friday.

Where we throw caution (editing, revising, and worrying) to the winds and just write. Without wondering if it’s just right or not.

For five minutes flat. The rules are easy.

  1. Write your heart out for five minutes and show us what you’ve got.
  2. Tell your readers you’re linking up here and invite them to play along.
  3. And most importantly, go visit, read, and encourage the fellow five-minuter who linked up right before you
=========================================
My biggest problem is that I often forget to check on Friday and don't get around to writing until Saturday. So, I have written a few six minute Saturday entries. This week has been extremely busy and by Friday my brain was not up for reading any Five Minute Friday entries let alone writing one. Today is Tuesday. I finally got around to reading and catching up. The prompt was, "Motherhood should come with...." How do I pass that one up? I simply can't. So here I sit and will attempt a two minute Tuesday. Two minutes is fast so it will simply be a stream of consciousness/brainstorming list of whatever pops into my head. At 10:53 on a Tuesday morning in India, here I go.......

Motherhood should come with........
-- a handbook.
-- a box of band aids.
-- foresight.
-- hindsight.
-- eyes in the back of your head.
-- a way to freeze time in those fabulous moments.
-- a reminder to appreciate each moment be they good or bad.
-- the realization that not one single mom knows exactly what she is doing and not one of us is perfect.
-- thankfulness for the wonderful little beings that God has given us to raise and honor Him with each step along the way.

Wow....two minutes goes fast.




1 comment: