New Delhi, Weather from Weather Underground

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Five minute Friday...done on a Tuesday...On The Hard Love

From Gypsy Mama's blog....

Want to take five minutes with me and see which ones bubble to the surface?

Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not. Here’s how we do it:

1. Write for 5 minutes flat with no editing or tweaking.

2. Link back here and invite others to join in {you can grab the button code in my right side bar}

3. Go and tell the person who linked up before you what their words meant to you. Every writer longs to feel heard. {And if you love us, consider turning off word verification for the day to make it easier for folks to leave you some encouragement}

It’s a great way to exhale at the end of a beautiful week.

===========================

Here I go.....

Hard Love for me...ugh....it's loving my girls when I am tired, grouchy, hungry, and/or all of the above. It's when I snap at them more because of my emotions and feelings than anything they have said or done. I look at this photo and think how could it ever be hard to love these two. AND...it's not hard. I love them every minute of every day, waking and sleeping. I love them so much that sometimes it hurts. I am so thankful that God blessed us with two such amazing, wonderful children to care for and be part of our family.

The other side of Hard Love for me is when I need to discipline them for their own good. When it is time to be the bad guy or the "mean mama" as they call me. Putting them in time-out for hitting one another and hearing them sob with tears in their little corners saying, "Mama, will you just hold me?" This is the hardest part of loving them for me to be consistent with even though I know it is one of the most important parts. I know in the long run they will be better women for having a disciplined childhood, learning right from wrong, and being aware of consequences. I go to bed almost every night praying for guidance and strength on knowing when to be tough and when to be soft with them.

Times up......think I need to go hug those beautiful girls.


2 comments:

  1. You are a wonderful mother. I am sure that is true because I have heard it from more than one person in Qingdao and I can hear your love when you blog about your girls. About your comment: I have been learning that it is one thing to communicate in another language, but another thing entirely to learn to communicate anything meaningful. Learning everyday words is hard, but not too hard. Learning words that communicate feelings or truth is so much harder. It's awesome that you tried and communicated something. I am sure He can use even our preschool ramblings somehow:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful post g!!! You said it best.....we all feel it but in the end it's for the best. We want to raise strong, confident beings....
    Love u

    ReplyDelete