New Delhi, Weather from Weather Underground

Saturday, July 17, 2010

From Rachel

Rachel has been very interested in all the forms of communicating with technology lately. She keeps asking when she will be able to get her own facebook acct or when she can have her own email address. So, today I am allowing her to dictate the blog post to me. (Now Rebekah wants to also so watch out for that soon. It will be interesting to see what she chooses to say.)

From Rachel..........
"Here in India the people seem to be very nice. It is dusty, and we see cows that don't look like the cows in America. They are not scared of cars and neither are the pigs. I have EVEN seen a camel once. We can hear peacocks squawking from the swimming pool. Once we saw some, a female and a male both. It is so hot that my hair even sweats.

Since we arrived in India, I have read four books. Each of them has over 60 pages. I am starting to really enjoy reading on my own. I share my books with my new friends, just like a library."

Me: What is your favorite thing we have done since arriving in India?
R: Going to FUN CITY at the Ambience Mall. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWuENDW_zM&feature=related)

Me: What do you miss the most about Rochester?
R: My friends.

Me: Tell me one thing you would like to do while living in India?
R: Everything. Like shopping every day. (How did I end up with a child who loves to shop?? It is my least favorite thing.) I want to ride an elephant and maybe a camel.

That's all from Rachel for today. Have a great weekend everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. Tell Rachel how sweet this blog post is! Look forward to meeting her!

    Love that "even her hair sweats" !! I bet she'll get her chance at an elephant/camel ride once birthday parties start happening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have to make the "Notes from Rachel" section a regular segment. It is interesting to hear what she thinks people should know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwendolyn-
    Sorry we missed your phone call we were on vacation. We have been reading your blog and love it!!
    We love and miss you guys!
    xoxox-Leah

    ReplyDelete